Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Neglecting my blog

It has been way too long since I posted.  I have been busy, both sewing and regular day to day "stuff". The two quilts I have been working on are taking way more time than I anticipated.  I am still FMQ my Halloween quilt and that is going okay, well truthfully it is frustrating sometimes.  Quilting a real full size quilt is a lot different than quilting a small practice piece, but I do think I am making progress.  On my last trip to visit my daughter I stopped at a local quilt shop and bought a new toy.
I really want to learn to FMQ feathers, maybe this will help.  Maybe not, but it can't hurt :)
It also seems to me that I need at least two sewing machines set up to be able to keep working on projects, one to piece on and one just for FMQ.  The weather is turning cold and snow showers are predicted for tomorrow evening, perfect for quilting and reading and hot cocoa.  I started working on a table runner for my table for Thanksgiving.  I hope to finish it up this weekend.  While I have been ignoring my own blog, I am totally fascinated by everyone else out there in quiltersblog.com.  Someday I would like to go to the big show in Houston, the pictures being posted look like it would be a lot of fun.  Okay, well, I will have to make a new resolution to post at least once a week with updates, it keeps me motivated.  Night all.
Bernie

No comments:

Post a Comment