Monday, October 11, 2010

Retro Bag

Quite a bit of sewing yesterday and today and quite a bit of "unsewing" because I had problems with my metallic thread and didn't realize it until I had to stop and clean out my bobbin case.  Interestingly enough, I didn't really get upset, I was having a good time just doodling.  It is going to take some time to fill in the applique pieces, and hopefully it will be worth the effort.  If nothing else I figure I am practicing my free motion skills. 
Today I worked on and completed my version of a Retro Bag pattern.    http://www.etsy.com/listing/58676102/retro-fun-bag-patterns?ref=em, I purchased from Greta's Blog.  I added 3 inches to the width of the bag  and made the handles longer because I want to use it for a tote for work and also this was my practice run.  I am happy with the outcome and can't wait to make a few more in different sizes and true to the pattern (which is much sleaker).  She has a picture of a small version, which I think would be a really cute accessory to match the bag.  Front and back
The pink areas on the front of the bag are big pockets, the back has a zippered pocket. and the inside
Fully lined, pockets on both sides.  I used a piece of a remnant I purchased at JoAnn Fabrics for about $3.  It was a drapery remnant.  I think her instructions are great, lots of pictures and tips.  I had never put in a magnetic snap before and it was easy peasy.  NAYY,  but check out her patterns and her quilting is fantastic.   Happy Sewing. Berning

1 comment:

  1. That's an adorable bag! I can see you making lots of those.

    ReplyDelete