Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Snap Happy fever and yo-yo's

Finally, success with the Snap Happy pattern and more bags.  The blue flowered one on the end has my sunglasses in it.  They are oversized to fit over my eyeglasses, so it was hard to find a case they truly fit in. 


I modified the pattern a bit for the smaller bags by adding a seam to box the ends so that they stand up on their own.  I am going to try to get a few more made for Valentine's Day.  I am sending these to my granddaughters filled with goodies.  I have also started making yo-yo's using the Clover yo-yo makers
I am hooked on these too, I might even get over my phobia of hand-sewing. I have a little collection started and a little tin set up with scraps and all I need to sew a few whenever I have a few minutes.
Last night Pueblo West Quilters met and the program was about the internet and all the great patterns, blogs, and inspiration that can be found for quilters.  I have their blog listed on my sidebar, so if you are interested in a quilt show, click over to the guild's site and from there a link will take you to the pictures of all the quilts shown at each meeting.  It is pretty neat.  Our block of the month this year is going to be the same block repeated in different colors each month.  This was our February block.
The pattern for this block is also listed in the pictures section.  I am hoping to go the the quilt retreat this year if I haven't waited too long to sign up.  The weather is still cold and it snowed all day, nothing compared to what other parts of the country are getting, but I sure don't like having to go out in it.  Of course, it didn't keep me away from the guild meeting - LOL.   I should finish my Halloween quilt just in time for Valentine's Day, just one more area to quilt.  Then I really have to find the flannel for my youngest daughter's t-shirt quilt so I can start putting it together.  Also, there are baby quilts I want to get started on.  I moved a small table into the spare bedroom with hopes of sewing a bit each evening, but so far that hasn't happened.   Well, that is all I have for today.  Adios Bernie

2 comments:

  1. you have been busy. I have had plans to make the snap bags and just haven't gotten around to them yet.
    love the yo yo's cw

    ReplyDelete
  2. re-butterflies- you are no-reply on your comment settings, send me a snail mail addy and I will add you to the list, I hope to mail out early next week- cheryl

    ReplyDelete