Friday, January 14, 2011

Tablerunner (I think)

Finished piecing this table topper which was orignally intended for Thanksgiving, but after piecing the blocks I was very unhappy with the colors.  I chose a deep, dark pumpkin solid (I blame that choice on all the pumpkin bread I was baking at the time LOL) and just thought it was ugly.  It came down to either put it away in a box and never look at it again or finish it.  I had just barely enough of the fruit patterned fabric for the outside border and that made a big difference to my eye.  It was  hard to photograph, the color seems off.    ah well, if I cover it with a centerpiece and candles it won't be too bad. :)

This weekend is a long weekend for me, so I am planning to work on the aprons and pot holders I have been so busy cutting out.  I also vow to work on at least one block of the Christmas quilt I started two years ago and start my daughter's t-shirt quilt (if I can find the knit interfacing).  Adios Bernie

3 comments:

  1. my projects never photo the right color either. lovely piece I hope you get to enjoy it. cw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bernie, I really like your runner. But then, I always like autumn colors. If your really do hate it, you can always send it to me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cheryl and Barb, well, now I have a few months to get it quilted and bound for next fall, these smaller projects are so much easier to practice my FMQ on.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget